[Swift-devel] Plan for managing Swift docs

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 8 18:49:52 CST 2011

Dan asked:

> Can we build a site that has code fragments/examples that can be
> downloaded, and then autogenerate the docs from there as well to keep
> things consistent?

This is one of those things that is easier to do using the markup-based approaches that with the Google sites/docs approach.

Perhaps we can embed some kind of html includes in the google docs?  (and have these URLs pull from tag-based URLs that pull from tested example docs?

Or, we just defer this goal for 6 months and do this step by hand. Ie, we test the examples, but we manually past them into the google content till we are ready to automate this step.