[Swift-devel] Associative array in Swift [GSoC]

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 05:02:55 CDT 2011

> Something even less implemented was talk of interfacing to some replica management system which would be aware that the same data could exist in multiple places and do useful things based on that. Useful things might be only running on sites that already had the data, and staging from that site's store (which integrates replica location into the pick site / stage data / run job process at at least two places)

How else is fault tolerance handled ? Do we send the compute to some
other site when one fails ? If we are aware of data-locality we could
probably send the compute to sites holding the relevant data.
But all this is meaningful, if we already have a distributed data storage
situation ( I haven't seen any other situations ).

--
Thanks and Regards,
Yadu Nand B