[Swift-devel] exit code 254, manual passive coasters on bionimbus cloud

Jonathan Monette jon.monette at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 11:28:08 CDT 2011

Error 254 means that an app could not execute. Reasons for this are normally
tc entry for the app is wrong, the script was not set to executable, staging
couldn't be done, or simply the app is not compiled to run on the machine.
Does this help in anyway? I am not sure why the TODO: outs is there as I
have never seen this line appear in logs or anything.
On Apr 8, 2011 10:57 PM, "Ketan Maheshwari" <ketan at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying the modftdock application on the Bionimbus cloud with the
following manual coasters setup:

http://10.101.9.200:53513, http://10.101.11.200:53513,
http://10.101.10.200:53513, http://10.101.8.200:53513,
http://10.101.7.200:53513, http://10.101.6.200:53513,
http://10.101.5.200:53513, http://172.31.0.36:53513,
http://131.193.181.210:53513]
> Started local service: http://131.193.181.210:53513
> Started coaster service: http://131.193.181.210:1984
> Started coaster service: http://131.193.181.210:1984
>

> - Swift on the same above mentioned cloud head node
> Here is my commandline:
>
> swift -config cf -tc.file tc -sites.file
bionimbus-coaster-with-provider-staging.xml ftdock.swift -n=1
-list=pdb.list.1 -grid=10

> worker.pl is running on one VM accessible via ssh
>
> Swift Provider staging enabled as staging has to be done from a non-shared
filesystem.

> -- I tested a simple catsn example on this setup and it works so the setup
seems fine.

> However on running the modftdock I get the following 254 message:
>
> Swift svn swift-r4157 cog-r3056
>
> RunID: 20110408-2235-en2fi70c
> Progress:
> SwiftScript trace: 3bg0-1
> Find: http://localhost:1984
> Find: keepalive(120), reconnect - http://localhost:1984
> Progress: Active:1
> Exception in modftdock:
> Arguments: [32, -modulo, 0:100, -root, 3bg0-1, -static, input/3bg0-1.pdb,
-mobile, input/4TRA.pdb, -calculate_grid, 10, -angle_step, 10, -keep, 10,
-noelec]
> Host: localhost
> Directory: ftdock-20110408-2235-en2fi70c/jobs/i/modftdock-idyrqf8kTODO:
outs
> ----
>
> Caused by: Job failed with an exit code of 254
> Caused by: org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.execution.JobException:
Job failed with an exit code of 254
> Final status: Failed:1
> The following errors have occurred:
> 1. Job failed with an exit code of 254
>
> I did some find + grep and
> ** I found the string "TODO: outs" on my
SWIFT_HOME/libexec/vdl-int-staging.k