[Swift-devel] Concurrent dostagein calls limited to 8 ?

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 14 23:07:21 CST 2010

The cdm functions (externalin, externalout, externalgo) are not
asynchronous. They block the karajan worker threads and therefore,
besides preventing anything else from running in the interpreter, are
also limited to concurrently running whatever the number of karajan
worker threads is (2*cores).

I would suggest changing those functions to use the local provider or
some other scheme that can free the workers while the sub-processes run.

Mihael