[Swift-devel] Concurrent dostagein calls limited to 8 ?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 14 23:24:42 CST 2010

That explains a lot - the limited number of Karajan threads probably explains why coasters goes haywire in the larger tests as well.

Clearly this should be done as full fledged provider.  But that will take a fair bit more work.

Would there be any ill effects from bumping up the number of karajan threads to see if I can make this demo work?  WHere is that set?

Also, when you say "use the local provider or
> some other scheme that can free the workers while the sub-processes
> run." - do you have anything "quick and easy" in mind there?

- Mike