[Swift-devel] May need VOMS proxy for many OSG sites

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 17 10:38:39 CDT 2010

Arjun, this may be the reason that your access to many OSG sites is failing.

Find a site that fails using grid-proxy-init from say teraport.
Then try that same site, using voms-proxy-init (sp?) on engage-login.

We'll both need to dig into the full meaning of a "VOMS" proxy, but basically it appends extra "role" information to the proxy to indicate that you are activing as a member of a specific VO (in your case, the "engage" VO).

I dont recall if we added that to Swift yet (I think not). Mihael, do you recal?

If not, you'll need to do more of the initial testing from engage-login until we instal; OSG clients.

- Mike