[Swift-devel] process hogging memory on ranger login

skenny at uchicago.edu skenny at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 23 19:01:30 CST 2009

>On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 13:01 -0600, skenny at uchicago.edu wrote:
>> so, using the latest swift (swift-r3116 cog-r2482) i submitted
>> a 1,179,647-job workflow to ranger...got this far:
>>
>> Progress:  Submitted:16378  Active:1  Finished
successfully:412482

>> was in that state for a while (~24hrs) showing this in the
queue:

>> 1143906   data       tg457040      Waiting 2944   01:10:00
>> Thu Nov 19 07:22:48
>
>Logs would help.

so, i was trying to re-run this workflow with the latest swift
(swift-r3191 cog-r2620) to try and replicate the error.
however, a new error has surfaced...the environment, as
specified in my tc.data file, is no-longer being set by swift
on the remote end. is it possible this is due to recent
changes in swift? i am running the same workflow, same tc &
sites files with the newer swift and am getting errors (from
the app) due to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH not being set. if i switch
back to swift-r3116 cog-r2482, the error goes away.