[Swift-devel] block allocation

Zhao Zhang zhaozhang at uchicago.edu
Tue May 26 14:05:00 CDT 2009

Hi, Mihael

I read through the new content about coaster in user guide. Here I got
several questions:

Given the following case: we have 100 jobs, 5 worker nodes, and each
worker node has 4 cores, which means
we have 4 workers on each node.

The profile key "Slot", it is defined as "How many maximum LRM
jobs/worker blocks are allowed".
Correct me if my understanding is incorrect. In the above case, 100
jobs/5 nodes/4 workers=5 jobs/worker

So if we set "Slot" to 4, this above test case won't finish because 5 is
going out of the bound 4. Is this correct?

Also, could you point me to a sites.xml definition you used for the
local test? That will be helpful for me to get
the ideas. Thanks.

best wishes
zhao