[Swift-devel] testing

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 17 11:30:10 CDT 2009

So I think that, at this point, if we're serious about running things
production-style on teragrid or osg, an appropriate testing effort is
required.

In the past our hands were tied due to our inability to fix and deploy
gram issues on both those places. With the shift towards coasters and
local providers, we have, at least in theory, overcome the issue.
However, in order for it to also be in practice, we need to make sure
that things actually work, and that can only be done with testing or a
magic wand. I don't have the latter, so we'll have to do testing.

There are probably a few issues still left to address, one of which is
to make sure that coasters are an acceptable way of running things on
OSG. I suspect this would require some negotiation with the right people
from OSG, and I don't know who those people are.