[Swift-devel] Fwd: [gram-user] GRAM5 Alpha2

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 28 10:56:37 CDT 2009

Allan Espinosa will try to test AMPL workflows for the SEE project there
this week.

I may try a few others time permitting, but likely not this week.

Questions, Stu:

- do you want testing through Condor-G with the grid_monitor as well as
native?

- for native testing of GRAM5 (ie through the plain pre-WS GRAM
interface) are then any guidelines for how many jobs we can safely
submit at once, or should we not worry about limits? (ie sending a few
thousand jobs is OK?)

Allan: I just remembered that since Queenbee has 8-core hosts like Abe,
coasters is the only reasonable approach for large-scale testing. But
testing just a few AMPL jobs through plain GRAM5 seems a reasonable step
to do first.

I realize that coaster testing, also, wont give good CPU utilization
until the current "low demand" problem is solved.

- Mike