[Swift-devel] Coasters and std's on ranger

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 14 10:22:26 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 10:11 -0500, skenny at uchicago.edu wrote:
> >I see. What happens is that redirection hasn't been fixed in
> SGE, but
> >the commenting out of it in the gt2 provider did nothing
> because it was
> >enabled in the coaster provider.
>
> right, i must've misunderstood, i had commented out
> redirection for the gt2 provider so swift would work for
> running w/o coasters, but i thought you were saying cog r2430
> would be also redirecting for coasters as well...but
> apparently you were trying a different change?

No. As I was mentioning the commenting out I forgot that the output is
redirected anyway by the coaster code. So our little experiment then did
nothing.

Cog r2430 removed the explicit redirection in the coaster code. Without
that and without the hack to always redirect for SGE in the gt2 provider
that you commented out, there was no more redirection, so the SGE job
manager bug surfaced.

In cog r2431, there's redirection to a file. Do keep the lines commented
in the gt2 provider. I'm not sure how that will work out, but please try
and let me know.