[Swift-devel] absolute path

Zhao Zhang zhaozhang at uchicago.edu
Fri Feb 20 18:01:33 CST 2009

sure i am not keeping my secrets, : )

The context on BGP is, the working "sleep-20090220-1646-7vdlcg0a"
directory is created on IO nodes at
"/tmp/sleep-20090220-1646-7vdlcg0a/", and mounted on Compute Node
through fuse. which means Compute Nodes
need to enter this directory through
/fuse/tmp/sleep-20090220-1646-7vdlcg0a, then with the old style of
relative path
"shared/wrapper.sh", everything is fine. And the wrapper.sh knows where
the job is started, so all output data will be
copied to the job dir on IO nodes.

So in the new case, we are using the absolute path for wrapper.sh, after
worker enters the working directory on IO nodes,
it tried to invoke
"/tmp/sleep-20090220-1646-7vdlcg0a/shared/wrapper.sh", which it has no
idea where it is. So what I did
is that if the path of wrapper.sh starts with a absolute path, then put
a "/fuse" in front of "/tmp/sleep-20090220-1646-7vdlcg0a/shared/wrapper.sh",
or else just work as it was.

Any point if it is not clear, let me know asap.

best wishes
zhangzhao