[Swift-devel] Swift + Condor-G

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Apr 23 16:16:49 CDT 2009

> Right now, users "trade" sites.xml entries like recipes for secret sauces, and
> it would be good to provide them a cookbook or some better process.

The OSG site file generator exists and generates nice site files for OSG
VOs, for as long as OSG continues to use ReSS; perhaps another year or so
based on previous OSG information system practice.

Its not clear to me if TeraGrid publishes enough useful information in a
mechanically recoverable form for a similar thing to happen for TG sites -
what I've seen is the web pages which seem very human readable and mostly
sufficient; and the MDS stuff, which seemed rather sparse though usable.

We could have a manually curated list of sites; but that requires ongoing
curation which is a non-trivial ongoing task. The distribution already
contains such a manually curated list.

Theres also a set of sites in the tests/sites/ directory. In principle,
that could become a general purpose site repository which the Community
would maintain, wiki-style; but the existing sites list is also open to
Community maintenance and has received few if any updates.