[Swift-devel] Planning next set of Swift features and releases

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Apr 22 10:25:30 CDT 2009

> - then we wanted a simple web interface where OOPS users could locate the
> (science) results of runs

Thats the sort of thing which would have been useful for the provenance
project to have had interaction on. I appreciate that in the short term,
it doesn't help your immediate results, and almost definitely actively
hinders due to the increased cost of development. But that is the way in
which the provenance stuff will move forwards - by having people who are
prepared to bear to pain of being early users, just like happened for
mainline Swift 2..3y ago, just like coaster users in the past year.