[Swift-devel] feature request

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 15 17:46:17 CDT 2009

Zhao, based on Ben's suggestion and our earlier discussion, can you
locate and try the Swift test suite, and then look in detail at, and
try, the per-site suite.

Im looking for an assessment of what it takes to create a branch of the
suite to test coasters in th same manner that the sites are tested.
And what it takes to run that on a regular basis to find problems in
sites and Swift *before* our users find them.

In parallel, as we discussed, please check out the latest OOPS, and
follow the README under oops/swift to do an initial sanity test. Then
test the 3-site Ranger-Abe-Queenbee config, then expand to
Mercury-SDSC-ANL. All under coasters.

We'll need to map out more clearly where this is heading, but I want you
to get familiar with both OOPS and coasters, and report all problems
clearly back to the swift-devel list.

As Ben says, in a way that someone else can reproduce the problem.

Thanks.

- Mike