[Swift-devel] Expected behavior for scheduler slow-start with coasters?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 6 17:32:22 CDT 2009

OK, this one seems to be more of a nuisance/anomaly that we can set
aside for now I think.

Opening up the throttle a bit should make this a minor issue.
Eventually, you'd hope it would fill available coasters when there is
demand, or at least base the rampup on the fast that jobs started, and
not wait for them to finish. Then it would sense faster that there were
more ready workers.