[Swift-devel] Re: swift-falkon problem

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 24 08:46:21 CDT 2008

Michael Wilde wrote:

> Ioan: I do see that we're loosing some workers, so some investigation
> is needed on the Falkon side.

I see that some workers remain in a pending state for about a minute,
after which the same amount of workers that are in pending state
register as new workers, and the number of available workers gets back
up to what we had to begin with.  I think I removed a few months back
the mechanism that went through periodically and cleaned up the pending
workers... which is leaving them stuck in a pending state in the logs.
I'll try to add that back in.

Now, for the real problem why these workers are ending up in a pending
state, and never going to a running state, we need to do more debugging.

Ioan

> - Mike
>

> On 3/23/08 7:12 PM, Ben Clifford wrote:

>>> Why not put it in the wrapper script at the end?
>>
>> Mike, the attached patch will do that, and will also add logging
>> information so that we can see how long syncs are taking compared to
>> other stages in worker node execution.
>>
>> cd cog/modules/vdsk
>> patch -p1 < sync-in-wrapper

Ioan Raicu