[Swift-devel] Re: swift-falkon problem

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Mar 24 15:16:13 CDT 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, Ioan Raicu wrote:

> I see the plateau, but there are other graphs which seem to go crazy during
> those periods, such as
> http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/report-amps1-20080323-1935-su38n0k5/karatasks.FILE_TRANSFER-total.png
> http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/report-amps1-20080323-1935-su38n0k5/karatasks.FILE_OPERATION-total.png
>
> Looking at the Falkon logs might reveal more about if the plateau was due to
> Falkon or not.  Where would I find the Falkon logs that correlate to these
> graphs?

I haven't looked at the falkon logs because I dont' have them, but that
load corresponds roughly with apparently a bunch of jobs finishing and
their results being staged out. As far as I can tell, the workflow looks
like minimal stage in (so not much FILE_TRANSFER load), then a bunch of
jobs that take around 120s; then those all start finishing around t=120 so
now swift is doing lots of file transfer.