[Swift-devel] Re: swift-falkon problem

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 17 17:32:00 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 14:53 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
> OK, thanks, will do.
>
> My earlier message that "it worked" was premature - my sites file was
> doing local execution.
>
> I pushed forward past a few other errors and am now stuck as follows.
>
> As far as I can tell Im now getting the "NFS not syncing" problem.
>
> Swift creates the working dir for the workflow as a local file reference
> to an NFS-mounted directory. When swift tells falkon to run
> shared/wrapper.sh, its not there yet.  When I look after the workflow
> has failed, it is indeed there.
>
> What I'd rather do here is tell swift to use scp rather than
> direct-file-access as the data provider.  Do you know how to do that?

>From one of the working i2u2 sites.xml files:
 <pool handle="www11" sysinfo="INTEL32::LINUX">
    <filesystem url="www11.i2u2.org" provider="ssh"/>
    <execution url="www11.i2u2.org" provider="ssh"/>
    <workdirectory>/sandbox/quarkcat/tmp</workdirectory>
 </pool>

You'll probably need to configure ~/.ssh/auth.defaults:
www11.i2u2.org.type=key
www11.i2u2.org.username=hategan
www11.i2u2.org.key=/home/mike/.ssh/i2u2portal
www11.i2u2.org.passphrase=...