[Swift-devel] Re: swift-falkon problem

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 17 07:43:22 CDT 2008

Ben Clifford wrote:
> So from the Swift log you paste, this line:
>
> 2008-03-16 16:43:44,213-0600 DEBUG TaskImpl Task(type=JOB_SUBMISSION,
> identity=urn:0-1-1-1205707420808) setting status to Active
> 2008-03-16 16:43:44,213-0600 DEBUG TaskImpl Task(type=JOB_SUBMISSION,
> identity=urn:0-1-1-1205707420808) setting status to Failed
>
> suggests that provider-deef is reporting a failure up to the Swift
> runtime. There may be some more logs that you can turn on at the
> provider-deef or falkon layer, but I don't know what the likely ones would
> be.

iraicu at viper:~/java/svn/cog/modules/provider-deef/etc> cat
log4j.properties.module
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.utils.JavaUtils=ERROR
log4j.logger.org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.execution.deef=DEBUG

I have this log4j property, do you have this enabled?  This should
enable more debug output from the Falkon provider.
> From a process point-of-view, I'm concerned about this:
>

>> - the deef-provider code that I get with a swift checkout seems to have
>> out
>> of date falkon stubs (I get a runtime error on a missing xml element)
>> - if I grab a FalkonStubs jar from Zhao's bgp swift tree and use it in a
>> newly compiled swift tree, should that work? It seems to get further.
>>

> If provider-deef needs updating, those updates should be made in SVN; if
> it doesn't need updating, then you have some other problem. Ioan and Zhao,
> if you had to update something to make it work, please commit that change.

I know we should update SVN, we just haven't gotten around to it.  I
just updated the stubs in the Swift SVN (R1727).  Mike, give it a try
again from SVN.

Ioan

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Candidate