[Swift-devel] maling lists

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 6 19:40:00 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 13:59 -0500, Mihael Hategan wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 13:48 -0500, Ioan Raicu wrote:
> > Incubator guidelines are probably easier to satisfy than once you are
> > ready to escalate, which should be most incubator's end goal.
>
> Ah, you trigger an important issue. Have the full project infrastructure
> requirements been copied from the incubator requirements and not
> updated, or is it that the "existing infrastructure" leniencies are
> meant to only be transitional.
>
> I guess that's another mail to Jen!

Well that's likely a no. The statement from Charles was "I assume if
we're happy to have you field your own source repo during incubation
that you would stay in that repo through escalation."

Which probably applies to other things.

Charles also seems to think that the U of C mailing lists, if open and
archived, which they are, would satisfy the conceptual requirements, but
the issue needs to be voted on their next meeting.

Funny. It seems easier to meddle with incubator rules than to get a
project out of hibernation.

This would allow us to only set up forwarding from the @globus mailing
lists, which we would not advertise, but would be there if somebody
assumes there must be a swift-xyz at globus.org mailing list. So I suppose
there would be no more objections to such a setting.

Mihael