[Swift-devel] coastersPerNode not recognized by GT2 GRAM

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 30 09:42:57 CDT 2008

I need to set this aside for now, but would appreciate any help in
debugging it.

My sites.xml file is:

<config>
<pool handle="abe" >
   <execution provider="coaster" url="grid-abe.ncsa.teragrid.org"
jobManager="gt2:gt2:pbs" />
   <gridftp url="gsiftp://gridftp-abe.ncsa.teragrid.org"/>
   <workdirectory>/u/ac/wilde/swiftwork</workdirectory>
   <profile namespace="globus" key="coastersPerNode">8</profile>
</pool>
</config>

The logs are on CI net at /home/wilde/coast/run17.

I dont see how this works. Is the code picking up the parameter from the
  globus RSL and then passing it to bootstrap.sh to in turn pass it to
the coaster server? It needs to be stripped off the globus profile
before the GT2 job that launches bootstrap.sh is run, right?  Else
Globus will complain that its not valid RSL?

I see the one test case for this in tests/sites/coaster is for
localhost. Was it tested on gt2:gt2:pbs?

- Mike