[Swift-devel] coastersPerNode not recognized by GT2 GRAM

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 30 06:42:33 CDT 2008

When I use coastersPerNode on Abe I get an error:

2008-07-30 01:06:43,498-0500 DEBUG vdl:execute2 APPLICATION_EXCEPTION
jobid=echo-9g3mu8xi - Application exception: Cannot submit job
org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.task.TaskSubmissionException:
Cannot submit job
at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.execution.gt2.JobSubmissionTaskHandler.submitSingleJob(JobSubmissionTaskHandler.java:162)
Caused by: org.globus.gram.GramException: Parameter not supported

Do the globus namespace options get put into RSL in GRAM2, and do these
need to be valid Globus options?

I assume this option is in the globus namespace because that was a
convenient way of adding per-site options?  Or was this mean to be in
the karajan namespace?

I'll dig deeper, but wonder if this has been tested on TeraGrid sites.

- Mike