[Swift-devel] Problems running coaster

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jul 27 22:50:47 CDT 2008

On 7/27/08 2:51 PM, Ben Clifford wrote:
> I got the logs eventually.
>
> On the Abe log, I see this error:
>
> Caused by:
> org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.task.TaskSubmissionException:
> Task ended before registration was received.
> STDOUT: This node is in dedicated user mode.
>

> The string 'This node is in dedicated user mode.' is coming from
> something outside of Swift, perhaps the local scheduler getting upset by
> coasters. Could you submit successfully without coasters at the same time
> (within a few minutes) of not being able to submit with coasters?

Yes. Just *before* I tried abe with coasters, I did a simple
globus-job-run to its pbs jobmanager. That worked fine.

Ive sent ticket to TG Help asking if they recognize the "dedicated" message.

Is the coaster server started with any special GRAM attributes, that I
could provide to globus-job-run or globusrun to try to re-create the
problem?

> For the localhost run, have a look in your home directory root for coaster
> and coaster worker log files that were generated at the same time as you
> did that run and send those / look in them.

I found the localhost problem in these logs - I didnt realize I needed a
grid proxy for localhost coaster runs. I made one, and that works now.