[Swift-devel] log-processing

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 10 09:35:37 CST 2008

I did something like this a while back with a perl script that
summarized kickstart data. I agree - its very useful to the user.
Also for multi-site runs, to correlate performance with site
architecture (and in other studies, with arguments/file sizes, but thats
another step).

So I think this would be a good time to make a decision on kickstart
data vs wrapper.sh data. I have no preference. I tend to favor data
thats either tabular or can readily be converted to tabular.

Jens's two versions of kickstart both have a lot of features we'll
likely find useful. wrapper.sh is nice, simple, and lightweight.

Ben and/or Mihael, I think you should work out an efficient and
effective architecture for this important stats capture mechanism that
will be useful for users and get it into general use.

- Mike