[Swift-devel] log-processing

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Dec 10 09:41:36 CST 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Michael Wilde wrote:

> So I think this would be a good time to make a decision on kickstart
> data vs wrapper.sh data. I have no preference. I tend to favor data
> thats either tabular or can readily be converted to tabular.

The user community decided long ago to not use kickstart, I think.

The information from both wrapper logs and kickstart is available from the
log processing code in a job-per-line tabular form.

> Ben and/or Mihael, I think you should work out an efficient and
> effective architecture for this important stats capture mechanism that
> will be useful for users and get it into general use.

An architecture exists. Its the log-processing code. People even use it!
Its likely to be in the Swift 0.8 release. There is plenty of scope for
improvement there, but it is the existing base.