[Swift-devel] Swift run: hanging up when submitting a job

lixi at uchicago.edu lixi at uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 15 12:03:31 CDT 2008

>The other solution is to put a cap on the process duration.
So if the
>job has a walltime spec, consider notifications lost if the
job doesn't
>complete in walltime + some_margin_of_error.

Because the user might have some idea of the execution time
of their single job, is it possible to add a paramter in
swift.properities or tc.data specifying the max process
duration of each job. If exceeding that throttle, the job
would be resubmitted to another site to be executed. I know
that there is already a maxwalltime which specifies a
walltime limit for each job, in minutes in Swift. But I'm
not sure if this paramter could exactly perform such
function? If not, is it difficult to make such a trial?

Thanks,

Xi