[Swift-devel] Re: coaster->tg-ncsa

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 29 21:33:58 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 02:20 +0000, Ben Clifford wrote:
> I just tried to run coasters on TG NCSA (my first attempt to run them
> outside of my laptop). I tried with gt2 and with gt4 to submit:
>
> I put the two sites files in tests/sites/coaster/ - the two filenames
> should be apparent upon observing that directory with ls.
>
> Using gt2 and pbs, I get this error:
>
> Caused by:
>         Could not submit job
> Caused by:
>         Could not start coaster service
> Caused by:
>         Cannot parse the given RSL
> Caused by:
>         Problems while creating a Gass Server
> Caused by:
>         Could not determine this host's IP address. Please set an IP
> address in cog.properties
>
> Its not clear from that message which host 'this host' is.

Uhm... yes... it's 127.0.0.1 :)

Although given that it's not a remote exception, it looks like your
machine.

>  There are
> potentially at least three involved. A hostname or some other useful
> information might be nice there.
>
> For the attempt with gt4, I get this failure:
>
> Caused by:
>         Could not submit job
> Caused by:
>         Could not start coaster service
> Caused by:
>         The gt4.0.0 provider does not support redirection

Grr. Right. I removed the redirections (r1992). Unfortunately it is now
harder to troubleshoot. Maybe the ws-gram provider should only print a
warning if redirection is requested instead of failing.