[Swift-devel] coaster->tg-ncsa

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Apr 29 21:20:06 CDT 2008

I just tried to run coasters on TG NCSA (my first attempt to run them
outside of my laptop). I tried with gt2 and with gt4 to submit:

I put the two sites files in tests/sites/coaster/ - the two filenames
should be apparent upon observing that directory with ls.

Using gt2 and pbs, I get this error:

Caused by:
        Could not submit job
Caused by:
        Could not start coaster service
Caused by:
        Cannot parse the given RSL
Caused by:
        Problems while creating a Gass Server
Caused by:
        Could not determine this host's IP address. Please set an IP
address in cog.properties

Its not clear from that message which host 'this host' is. There are
potentially at least three involved. A hostname or some other useful
information might be nice there.

For the attempt with gt4, I get this failure:

Caused by:
        Could not submit job
Caused by:
        Could not start coaster service
Caused by:
        The gt4.0.0 provider does not support redirection