[Swift-devel] a weekend playing with graphs

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Sep 23 14:02:21 CDT 2007

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, Ioan Raicu wrote:

> I save all the logs for important runs anyways... perhaps there should
> be some scripts that collect all the relevant logs (from Swift, Falkon,
> etc), label them accordingly, generate graphs, etc... all automatically
> when the workflow completes!

everything swift generates goes in unique filenames (which is why swift
log files have ugly names: badmonkey-20070922-0910-gzpu2ju4.log). So you
can copy swift logs and kickstart records into one big directory along
with everything else with no need to rename.

Would be good if you could do the same for falkon log files.

I think it is important to keep the colleciton of logs separate from
generating reports - people making the runs don't care about the same
things as people wanting reports.