[Swift-devel] a weekend playing with graphs

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Sun Sep 23 13:56:07 CDT 2007

Ben Clifford wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, Ben Clifford wrote:
>

>> those logs should be able to fit in with these too (i.e. another source of
>> events to plot, sitting somewhere between the execute2 and kickstart
>> layers)
>>

> specifically this: GenericPortalWS_taskPerf.txt
> looks like it would fit in very well with what I'm working on
>
> are those urn: taskIDs coming from Swift? or are you making those
> yourself?

Those are task IDs assigned by Swift!
> any new runs you do with falkon where submissions are being generated by
> swift, please keep a copy of the log and label it so that it can be
> correlated with the corresponding swift run logs.

I save all the logs for important runs anyways... perhaps there should
be some scripts that collect all the relevant logs (from Swift, Falkon,
etc), label them accordingly, generate graphs, etc... all automatically
when the workflow completes!

Ioan

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student