[Swift-devel] a weekend playing with graphs

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Sun Sep 23 13:59:45 CDT 2007

The time is ms from the start of the logging thread... this was only
done so the graphs look nice and start at 0 time.  This can easily be
changed to be say ms since 1970, which can then be correlated across
other machines as well (assuming they have synchronized clocks).

Ioan

Ben Clifford wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, Ben Clifford wrote:
>

>>> events to plot, sitting somewhere between the execute2 and kickstart
>>> layers)
>>>
>> specifically this: GenericPortalWS_taskPerf.txt
>> looks like it would fit in very well with what I'm working on
>>

> though the timestamps in that file look hard to correlate with anything
> external - they don't look like unix-epoch second counts or ISO dates or
> anything else I'd instantly recognise.

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Laboratory