[Swift-devel] excessive rate throttling for apparently temporally-restricted failures

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Oct 28 17:12:53 CDT 2007

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, Ioan Raicu wrote:

> But my argument was, and still is, if there is only one site to submit to,
> changing situations are almost irrelevant, as there are no options anyhow.
> Give me one example, where you have only 1 site, set X and Y properly, yet you
> need site scores as an additional throttling mechanism!

Sites change in their behaviour over time. The TG-UC of right now is not
the same as the TG-UC of yesterday nor the TG-UC of tomorrow, at least as
far as how much load can be put on the ftp server or the job submission
engine or whatever.

That's why things like NWS are an interesting research problem still.