[Swift-devel] excessive rate throttling for apparently temporally-restricted failures

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 28 22:44:15 CDT 2007

Btw, a gentle introduction to systems that have to deal with things
changing in unpredictable ways:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_theory

There's all this crap romanians as CE/CS majors have to take in college,
including basic control theory. Though everybody can swear at the time
by their beers that they'll never need it, sometimes it resurfaces in
the strangest of places.