[Swift-devel] Use case and examples needed to avoid large directories

andrewj at uchicago.edu andrewj at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 2 13:47:41 CDT 2007

Thanks for the input.

  First off, before I attempt to pose a further question I
have, who is in the CI currently or regularly?  I think it
would be more efficient for me to meet up and possibly discuss
some of this issues face to face as I try to type out these
commands.  Let me know which days are best to stop in.

Ok, quesiton is will this system allow for me to simply lay
out the input files in a certain directory structure (possibly
mulitple paths deep) and reference this data in one or two
lines of code in Swift without explicitly outlining locations
for the data.

For instance,  say I have 10,000 input files total.  And it is
split into two types, malignant and benign, 5000 each.  But
these guys are distributed in a mulit-layer directory tree of
some sort.

like ~/swifthome/malignant/a01/b01/2/*
     ~/swifthome/benign/c01/h5/9/*

what would I write to define an array of inputs (malignant and
benign separately) for all the files included in these
subdirectories?

Thanks,
Andrew