[Swift-devel] wiring swift and falkon together

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Wed May 23 12:08:57 CDT 2007

Hi,
I am certainly swamped right now for the next months or so at the very
least (data caching support in Falkon, working with Nika for her apps,
Kate+Borja for possibly using VMs and EC2, DSL Workshop, SC challenge
brainstorming, HPDC hot topics paper, etc...).

I could certainly use some help from developers which might be much more
familiar with what it takes to get a prototype from research to
production ready.  I am willing to work these developers, but if I have
to do it myself (and with Yong's help), then I can't promise anything
about what timeline I can have something more production ready.

Can any resources (developer power) be devoted to getting Falkon
production ready?

Ioan

Mike Wilde wrote:
> Im in favor of asking Ioan and possibly Yong - to the extent he has
> time - to push forward on this, to specifications from Ben and Mihael,
> and based on usability feedback from Nika and Tibi who need to speak
> for users' needs. Ben's specs should also address code quality,
> testing/certification and maintainability.
>
> - Mike
>

> Tiberiu Stef-Praun wrote, On 5/23/2007 10:57 AM:
>> It seems that Yong's Falkon provider is working (according to Nika),
>> so I was wondering when will it make it into the Swift ? At that point
>> it's more convenient for me to test it (as I would only have to handle
>> the Falkon backend configuration).
>>
>> Tibi
>>
>> On 5/23/07, Ben Clifford <benc at hawaga.org.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> i hear rumour that its sufficiently unclear how to wire swift and
>>> falkon
>>> together that people are avoiding testing swift code (more recent
>>> than the
>>> 8th of march build that Yong made)
>>>
>>> that is lame - it means large chunks of our app testing are being done
>>> with code that is 2.5 months old.
>>>
>>> I don't know how Falkon gets deployed alongside swift at the moment,
>>> so I
>>> don't know what to do to make this easier - are they written down
>>> anywhere?
>>>
>>> --

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student