[Swift-devel] CPU usage with provider-deef

Mike Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 19 07:10:13 CDT 2007

Ioan, I feel that documenting the message flow is key to
understanding the system, and that such documentation will be
indispensable for you (and the Swift team) to make progress with Falkon.

If its the case, as you stated to me, that you dont have the time to
fully support Falkon for end-user use, which I accept, then the only
way to enable the Swift team to provide this support is for us to
understand the tool.

The three things you propose to communicate to us in a face-to-face
meeting (organization of the code, the message flow diagram,
configuration options) are exactly the things that need to be
documented.

But you and Ian together need to decide and propose how you want to
see Falkon used and how you intend to make it supportable for that
purpose.

For Swift's goals, we *know* we need Falkon's capabilities to
succeed, and the question is how much and how long can we use
Falkon, and when would we need to start improving or rewriting it.

- Mike