[Swift-devel] CPU usage with provider-deef

Mike Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jun 16 18:09:17 CDT 2007

sorry, I still believe this can be fun. You can tell me afterwards
if I was right or not.

I think from Ioan's work we can gain some understanding of the
problem, of architecture issues, performance potential, and of
protocol and reliability issues.

I feel it can still be fun to design a new production-quality system
from scratch, and to prototype and implement that.

Mihael, I think you had a vision of how this could be done elegantly
using Karajan mechanisms as powerful building blocks to build on, to
provide the communication and messaging / remote execution fabric.

Ben Clifford wrote, On 6/16/2007 2:36 PM:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007, Mihael Hategan wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 12:03 -0500, Mike Wilde wrote:
>>> This should be fun, and a nice break from the I2U2 work that you've
>>> been immersed in, Mihael.
>
>> I have my reservations towards the amount of fun it involves.
>
> Right, taking prototypes and turning them into production isn't
> necessarily fun - in fact, a lot of the fun already happened with the
> making of the prototype and the rest is some what drugery. (to an extent
> that's the same situation i2u2 cosmic was/is in).

I hope its not the case that the only part of programming thats fun
is prototyping.

If you spend your day in powerpoint, word and email, anything
related to code can look like fun...

:) Mike

--
Mike Wilde