[Swift-devel] CPU usage with provider-deef

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Sat Jun 16 10:00:41 CDT 2007

Nope, I think this is a different problem, or at least a subset of the
problems we were having before.

Since we fixed the CPU utilization, and we moved to a bigger box (4 CPUs
with 2GB of memory), everything is happening in a timely fashion (a few
ms per notification delivery throughout the experiment).  Plus, I
believe the view is consistent (the same tasks look complete on both
ends) between Falkon and Swift, but we are still checking on this as the
run was made just last night for the 100 mol run.  We'll keep you posted
with what we find.

Ioan

Ben Clifford wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007, Ioan Raicu wrote:
>

>> having problems with the 100 molecule run in MolDyn.  Its not clear where the
>> problem is, on the surface Falkon looks fine... we are looking into where
>> everything breaks to cause Swift to not continue with the workflow to
>> completion!
>>

> The same problem that you showed me the other day or different?
>
> with 'the same problem' being that falkon thinks all the jobs are done;
> but that falkon's measure response time for sending completion
> notifications gets approximately linearly longer over time and the swift
> JVM uses ~100% and doesn't inidicate job completion at all after a certain
> period.
>
> or different symptoms now?

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student