[Swift-devel] latest Falkon code is in SVN!

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 30 00:12:18 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 10:01 -0500, Ioan Raicu wrote:
> Right, it should have warned the user that the build failed.  I don't
> know how to use the ant build language, and I don't have time right now
> to learn it.  If anyone wants to take a stab at reworking my compile
> scripts into ant build scripts, I think that would be great!

Great, but unlikely. I doubt that any of us have appreciably more time
than you do. It is probably a bit unwise to count on the adoption of
Falkon if you rely on people understanding its internal details, and
doing many little things here and there. The little things tend to add
up to a lot. In our case the choice would boil down to the amount of
time we spend on Swift vs. the amount of time we spend on non-Swift.
Should Swift be perfect, the choice would be easy. But it, too, needs
many little things done here and there. And while there is undeniable
value in what Falkon does, it is not a blank check.

Mihael