[Swift-devel] latest Falkon code is in SVN!

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 29 10:01:15 CDT 2007

Right, it should have warned the user that the build failed.  I don't
know how to use the ant build language, and I don't have time right now
to learn it.  If anyone wants to take a stab at reworking my compile
scripts into ant build scripts, I think that would be great!

BTW, about the particular error you saw, the C Executor is a new
experimental implementation that could replace the Java based worker
code and WS-based communication protocol.  If you simply remove the
-static option, it will likely compile; the static option is generally
helpful when you want to compile on one machine and take the binary
elsewhere.  By default, the Java executor code base is used, so even if
the C Executor didn't compile, Falkon could still work from the Java
code base.

Ioan

Ben Clifford wrote:
> During ./make-falkon.sh I noticed this:
>
>   Compiling GramClient
>   Compiling C Executor
>   /usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt0.o
>   collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> It didn't halt the build. It probably should. Probably better to use make
> and/or ant as build language.

Ioan Raicu
Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Laboratory