sieve-dev building petsc-dev on IBM AIX

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 19:04:56 CDT 2008

Hi,

I've noticed that changes are made to the latest petsc-dev source so that
the compilation has a quote like
mpCC_r -q64 -o mesh.o -c -qrtti=dyna -O -+ -Isieve
-I/scratch_ibm/seki/software/src/petsc-dev/externalpackages/Boost/
-I/home/seki/software/src/petsc-dev
-I/home/seki/software/src/petsc-dev/aix5.3.0.0-cxx-opt/include
-I/home/seki/software/src/petsc-dev/include
-I/scratch_ibm/seki/software/src/petsc-dev/src/dm/mesh/sieve
-I/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/include
-I/scratch_ibm/seki/software/src/petsc-dev/externalpackages/Boost/*-D__SDIR__="src/dm/mesh/"
* mesh.c

However, this is still not correct since one pair of single quotes are
missing. It should be * -D__SDIR__='"src/dm/mesh/"'* . Could you please look
into this furthermore to correct the AIX behavior?

Even this is corrected as above, I still get three error messages (produced
with the -w option to suppress warnings):

"sieve/Mesh.hh", line 1181.30: 1540-1110 (S) The referenced type
"ALE::IBundle" contains a circular reference back to "".
"mesh.c", line 1622.39: 1540-0130 (S)
"ALE::Generator<ALE::IMesh>::refineMeshV" is not declared.
"mesh.c", line 1643.39: 1540-0130 (S)
"ALE::Generator<ALE::IMesh>::refineMeshV" is not declared.

I would appreciate it if you could take a look at this problem after solving
the first.
Thank you very much.

Shi