sieve-dev BC and mesh distribution

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 22:30:58 CDT 2008

Hi
I am having another difficulty with BC and mesh distribution.
The current library is not able to distribute real sections other than the
coordinates. So I cannot create the sections and assign BC before the mesh
distribution.
Therefore, I have to set BC after the mesh distribution on each process.

However, the BC input file is written for a global numbering (a serial run).
So I need to figure out what a global point index is referring to a local
sieve point in each process and maybe first to check whether it is local. I
know the invert problem is easily solved by the local numbering getIndex()
function call. I also found there is a getPoint() call which looks like the
one I am looking for. However, I tried many things  but I was always
returned a 0 value.Is this something not implemented yet or am I looking at
the wrong thing?
Please advice.
Thanks a lot.

--