sieve-dev opt-sieve and parallel partitioner

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:18:47 CDT 2008

HI there,

I have another question with regard to the partitioning of meshes. In the
old version, we were able to call Chaco or Parmetis as the partitioner. I
can even modify the source at sieve/Partitioner.hh to have my own
partitionSieve() function.  However in the opt-sieve code, although I am
calling the same
ierr = MeshDistribute(mesh, "chaco", &parallelMesh);
the source show that the partitioner does not play any role.
Is there any way I can use to instruct the new code how to partition the
mesh? Actually I don't really need Chaco or Parmetis.  All I need is a way
to specify which process does a cell belong to. In the Chaco case, I can
supply an array of size numCells with its entries the integer rank of the
process each cell belongs to.
Thank you very much.

Shi

--