sieve-dev memory leak in Visitor

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 01:38:35 CDT 2008

Hi there,

I found that if I run the following loop, my memory usage for even the
smallest mesh would become very big and it scales linearly with the loop
size.
           * for (int i=0; i<100000; i++)
            {
                const Obj<PETSC_MESH_TYPE::order_type>& globalOrder =
                        m->getFactory()->getGlobalOrder(m,
vel[0]->getName(), vel[0]);
                typedef
ALE::ISieveVisitor::IndicesVisitor<PETSC_MESH_TYPE::real_section_type ,
                PETSC_MESH_TYPE::order_type,PetscInt> visitor_type;
                visitor_type iV(*vel[0], *globalOrder, (int) (pow(
                        sieve->getMaxConeSize(),
m->depth())+1)*m->getMaxDof(),
                        m->depth() > 1);
                iV.clear();
            }*

Therefore, I have to think there may be a memory leak for creating a
visitor. Please let me know if there is a fix. Thanks a lot.
--
Sincerely,
Shi Jin, Ph.D.