[petsc-users] Weird handling of compiler flags by the build system

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Mon Jul 1 11:37:36 CDT 2024

   I have added two MR to hopefully improve PETSc usability based on your issues

https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/merge_requests/7663__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!efrDwkgUkc276It23vyi4kUxZ3ieab1AgseqAOCvE-K9-nLNjd6aad4rmdaRExARms_zfeExsNtm5lRx_b5ezSM$
Add information to template Makefile.user indicating what parts can easily be... (!7663) · Merge requests · PETSc / petsc · GitLab
gitlab.com

to clarify in Makefile.User how to remove the PETSc build compiler flags and

https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/merge_requests/7662__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!efrDwkgUkc276It23vyi4kUxZ3ieab1AgseqAOCvE-K9-nLNjd6aad4rmdaRExARms_zfeExsNtm5lRxbVNm9-g$
Additional documentation in configure for CFLAGS and friends (!7662) · Merge requests · PETSc / petsc · GitLab
gitlab.com

additional clarification in the docs for CFLAGS and friends and how they work

Barry