[petsc-users] Segmentation Violation error using SuperLU_DIST in ex 19.c

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Thu Nov 23 11:18:48 CST 2023

Try option -start_in_debugger noxterm

then when the debugger starts up

to continue the run. Then when the program crashes you can do

bt

to see exactly where the crash happens in SuperLU_DIST

and

print "some variable name in the routine"

 to check if the variables there look reasonable or if memory looks corrupted.

You can also run with valgrind to check for memory corruption. https://petsc.org/release/faq/#what-does-corrupt-argument-or-caught-signal-or-segv-or-segmentation-violation-or-bus-error-mean-can-i-use-valgrind-or-cuda-memcheck-to-debug-memory-corruption-issues