[petsc-users] Solve Linear System with Field Split Preconditioner

晓峰 何 tlanyan at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 00:45:43 CDT 2022

Hi Barry,

A00 is formed from elliptic operator.

I tried GAMG with A00, but it was extremely slow to solve the system with field-split preconditioner(I’m not sure I did it with the right way).

Thanks,
Xiaofeng

On Sep 26, 2022, at 23:11, Barry Smith <bsmith at petsc.dev<mailto:bsmith at petsc.dev>> wrote:

  What is your A00 operator? ILU is almost never a good choice for large scale problems. If it is an elliptic operator that using a PC of gamg may work well for the A00 preconditioner instead of ILU.

  Barry

  For moderate size problems you can use a PC type LU for AOO to help you understand the best preconditioner to use for the A11 (the Schur complement block), once you have a good preconditioner for the A11 block you would then go back and determine a good preconditioner for the A00 block.