[petsc-users] On PCFIELDSPLIT and its implementation

Edoardo alinovi edoardo.alinovi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 11:04:48 CST 2022

Hello Guys,

Thanks to your suggestions on the block matrices, my fully coupled solver
is proceeding very well!

I am now about to take advantage of the block structure of the matrix
using PCFIELDSPLIT. I have learned a bit from the user manual and followed
with interest this discussion in the mailing list:
https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/petsc-users/2015-February/024154.html
which is actually the exact same situation I am in, so I guess most of the
command line options will be copy and paste.

I would like however to code them in fortran, as I usually provide some
default implementation alongside the command line options.

While coding some of the options I got an error here
in PCFieldSplitSetFields() which looks to be undefined. I am importing
petscksp, do I need to import something else maybe?

Thank you!