[petsc-users] PETSc Windows Installation

Mohammad Ali Yaqteen mhyaqteen at sju.ac.kr
Sun Nov 6 21:01:34 CST 2022

I used the following command to install PETSc again: (I have also attached the configure.log file with this email)
./configure --with-cc=mpicc --with-cxx=mpicxx --with-fc=mpif90 –download-f2blaslapack –download-scalapack –download-mumps

It runs successfully and then I make all and make a check after that. It gives me the following:

$ make PETSC_DIR=/home/SEJONG/petsc-3.18.1 PETSC_ARCH=arch-mswin-c-debug check
Running check examples to verify correct installation
Using PETSC_DIR=/home/SEJONG/petsc-3.18.1 and PETSC_ARCH=arch-mswin-c-debug
Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI process
See https://petsc.org/release/faq/
Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
[DESKTOP-R1C768B:29360] [[36285,0],0] unable to open debugger attach fifo
mpiexec detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status, thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

  Process name: [[36285,1],0]
  Exit code:    127
Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/tutorials/ex19 with 2 MPI processes
See https://petsc.org/release/faq/
Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
[DESKTOP-R1C768B:29383] [[36298,0],0] unable to open debugger attach fifo
1,9c1,5
< lid velocity = 0.0625, prandtl # = 1., grashof # = 1.
<   0 SNES Function norm 0.239155
<     0 KSP Residual norm 0.235858
<     1 KSP Residual norm < 1.e-11
<   1 SNES Function norm 6.81968e-05
<     0 KSP Residual norm 2.30906e-05
<     1 KSP Residual norm < 1.e-11
<   2 SNES Function norm < 1.e-11
< Number of SNES iterations = 2
---
> Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
> a non-zero exit code. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
> [DESKTOP-R1C768B:29409] [[36332,0],0] unable to open debugger attach fifo
/home/SEJONG/petsc-3.18.1/src/snes/tutorials
Possible problem with ex19 running with mumps, diffs above
Possible error running Fortran example src/snes/tutorials/ex5f with 1 MPI process
See https://petsc.org/release/faq/
Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
[DESKTOP-R1C768B:29494] [[35899,0],0] unable to open debugger attach fifo
mpiexec detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status, thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

  Process name: [[35899,1],0]
  Exit code:    127
Completed test examples
Error while running make check
make[1]: *** [makefile:149: check] Error 1